If I’m on probation for DWI

by Richard Jones  - May 23, 2023

If I’m on probation for DWI and I pick up a new one in another county what should I do?

– RJ, Texas


If you’re on probation for DWI and you get charged with a new one in another county, you should immediately contact an experienced DWI lawyer. It may be possible to avoid jail. Your current DWI probation could be extended or modified. You need to act sooner, rather than later.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, which can only be rendered after a full consideration of the facts of your case which is not possible in this format; nor establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be done after you and an attorney meet and agree on the terms of that relationship. This answer is intended solely to provide general information about the justice system. Further, it does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication. Moreover, links to information on this site are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement or recommendation of those sites, and no responsibility is taken for any information at these linked sites, nor makes any representation or warranty with respect to these sites or the information contained therein.

Richard Jones

Austin criminal defense attorney Richard Jones. This legal practice is dedicated to helping individuals like you—those caught in the crosshairs of criminal allegations and in dire need of dependable legal counsel. Richard also proficient in handling allegations related to theft crimes and is prepared to assist you during this stressful time.