DWI Car Accident

by Richard Jones  - May 23, 2023

What Should I Do If I Have An Accident And Get Charged With DWI?

– BK, Texas


I really hope your insurance is up to date. If you have current insurance and you were at fault, make sure to cooperate with your insurance company.

If your insurance wasn’t current, start saving to pay any restitution to the other party. Many prosecutors will not even discuss your case with your attorney until they know the restitution has been determined. If they offer a deal, your deal will be much better if restitution is paid.

DO NOT offer a direct payment to the other party. That might be considered witness tampering. Let your attorney or insurance company handle things for you.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, which can only be rendered after a full consideration of the facts of your case which is not possible in this format; nor establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be done after you and an attorney meet and agree on the terms of that relationship. This answer is intended solely to provide general information about the justice system. Further, it does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication. Moreover, links to information on this site are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement or recommendation of those sites, and no responsibility is taken for any information at these linked sites, nor makes any representation or warranty with respect to these sites or the information contained therein.

Who Is Eligible For Probation?

Richard Jones

Austin criminal defense attorney Richard Jones. This legal practice is dedicated to helping individuals like you—those caught in the crosshairs of criminal allegations and in dire need of dependable legal counsel. Richard also proficient in handling allegations related to theft crimes and is prepared to assist you during this stressful time.